Search This Blog

Saturday, September 11, 2021

English Poem-- Fake Dawn

I live in a world of my own
Where :
By the wings of fancy
I roam beyond the horizon
Away from reality. 
Vain glorious ! 
I blow my own trumpet
Into the void
Into the void.
Believe me or not
A sense of arrogance
An illusion of distinct identity
Sustain me.
More often than not
I take you to sublimity
Digging my own profanity
Sneaking clandestine intents
But---
Bemused on cross roads
I promise you a Fake Dawn
A new world --
My own selfish Utopia
Unseen, unrealised, unheard
Where --
In gloating illusions
I spend my days
In joyful pains
And she'd crocodile tears.

Subhash Chandra Ganguly
June 1977
--------------------------------------------
* Published in  Brotherhood,AG UP
Magazine 1979
* Published in Mandakini , August 1999 Editor Dr Mahashweta Chaturvedi, Professors Colony, Shyamgang, Bareilly 243005
In 1998
* Published hindi adaptation in Tarang Hindi magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment