Search This Blog

Saturday, September 11, 2021

English Poem-- Call for love

            Call for Love

        ( 1 )
Open the gate
Of my defiled heart
Cleanse filth and dirt
Then shut the gate.
Make me adequate
For love, my Lord !
       (  2 )
Bring forth a new heart
Fill my brain with thought
Infuse new blood in my veins
Give me transmission belt
To hold the world tight
Make me worthy of thy love !
          ( 3)
Stars get gleaning
For worldly delight
But they move me not
Let one big star alight
Over my roof top
And purify my heart.
           ( 4 )
I crave not
Power and pelf
I lament not
What is not
A sordid heart, I regri :
Mend me mye Master !
           ( 5 )
Ifpain and miseries
Give the taste to life.
If strifes ay struggles
Strengthen  mind and soul
Put  me in trial
Remake me Maker !
            ( 6 )
After day's labour
Buffalo plunges into water
For me ? no reservoir.
Give me respite
Into the sea of love
Help ! Hey you Lord !

Subhash Chandra Ganguly
September 1978
--------------------------------------
Published in Allahabad Kalibari
Magazine 1981

No comments:

Post a Comment